The main activity of the department is the search, evaluation and administrative implementation of projects from EU structural and investment funds, other national and foreign bilateral and multilateral programs in the field of science, research, education and technology transfer.
- provides methodological support to scientific teams in the preparation, implementation, and sustainability of projects
- ensures administrative implementation of the project and during the project sustainability period, including the public procurement agenda in the projects
- fulfils the role of the Technology Transfer Center
- represents the IEM in relevant associations and clusters, e.g. CzechBio, Transfera
- fulfils the role of LEAR (Legal Entity Authorized Representative) in the programs of the European Commission